When it comes to gardening, it is not always black and white. There are quite a few things to consider when you are looking to grow different fruits and vegetables including which seeds you want to plant and how you will plant them. You always want to make sure you have all the tools you need to have a beautiful and successful garden. What most people don’t realize is how much work is involved in the gardening process. At My Nona’s Garden, we are dedicated to helping you eat healthier and lead a happy, green life! One of the most important aspects of gardening is the garden soil that you use. You want to make sure you are using the healthiest option available to you because the soil is the foundation to your plants. If you are having any trouble planting your garden, My Nona’s Garden offers a convenient gardening service!
Tips For Healthy Garden Soil
- Choose organic soil- Your soil will be the deciding factor in whether or not your plants are healthy as they can be.
- Till with worms- Use sheet mulching techniques to let the worms do the tilling for you. Keep in mind that sheet mulching takes planning so plan it the year before you decide to start your garden.
- Grow your own soil- growing your own soil can be a very healthy alternative to buying it and at My Nona’s Garden, our gardening service can provide you with the tools to grow soil.
- Do a soil test! A soil test kit is less than $20! When you are starting a garden or you notice the health of your plants i decreasing, do a soil test.
- Supply what’s missing- Use your soil test results and other sources to see what your plants are lacking. You can always supply the extra nutrients and fertilizers when you know what’s missing.
- Nitrogen is one of the most important nutrients. It feeds soil plants and organisms. The growth of the garden and the life of your soil depends on nitrogen.
- When your garden is ready to grow, so are the weeds. Make sure you pull the weeds and keep your garden area clean. If you mulch in the fall, you have the upper hand when springtime rolls around.
- Recycle perennials- When you are using ur gardening service, we suggest you use all of your resources, including other plants and scrubs to make your mulch.
- Let the soil dry- You must let the wet garden soil dry before starting your garden. You may actually end up damaging the soil structure if you do not let the soil dry before planting.
If you are looking for healthy alternatives to the meals you eat, gardening is a great way to start a healthier lifestyle. Although gardening can take some serious time, it is worth it. Being able to grow your own fruits and vegetables as opposed to buying them in the store can save you money and you can be sure that there are no pesticides being used in your plants.
The reality is that most people simply do not have the time to carry out their gardening goals, but not to worry! Our gardening services are here to help you eat all of the vegetables you desire and spend time working on other projects.
When it comes to gardening, whether you are a professional or not, you need to use our gardening service! My Nona’s Garden supplies you with all of the resources you may need for gardening. It is very important that you have healthy garden soil to build a good foundation for your garden. If you have any questions about gardening or need more tips on where to obtain healthy soil, contact us today at 407-593-8196 or visit our website! mynonasgarden.com.